Kegel exercises or pelvic floor exercises are generally performed to strengthen the Pelvic floor. The pelvic floor is a network of muscles and ligaments that extend to your pelvic bones. The pelvic floor is an important area of the body, it becomes weak due to the natural aging process, that is why it is important to take care of the pelvic organs The pelvic floor plays an important part in supporting your pelvic organs. The pelvic organs include the bladder, rectum, uterus, vagina, and cervix
The Kegel exercise includes stretching, lifting, and squeezing of pelvic organs, it is considered as one of the best exercises for genitals. By doing this, the muscles in the pelvic region are strengthened, which improves the blood flow in sexual organs. Strong pelvic muscles also improve the sexual performance of both men and women as Increased Blood flow in the pelvic area increases the sensitivity in sexual organs.
How To Do Kegal Exercises
- To Perform Kegel Exercises or Pelvic Floor exercise You are required to bend your knees and sit in a relaxed position.
- Now concentrate and narrow the Pelvic muscles by tightening them. Repeat this 30 to 50 times.
- Breathe freely during this entire process. While doing this exercise, contract for 5 seconds and then rest for 5 seconds.
- Gradually increase this time to 10 seconds. To do this it is extremely important to contract properly.
- During this process, keep in mind that your thighs, hip, abdomen, or other muscles are not involved as this can put pressure on your bladder.
- It would be better if you just compress the pelvic area muscles and avoid breathing.
The best part of kegel exercise is that you can do it in any place, be it at your home or workplace.
Benefits Of Kegel Exercise or Pelvic Floor Exercise
1. Strengthen Vaginal Muscles :
Kegel exercise is one the best method to regain vaginal shape, After the childbirth vagina gets stretched out and often gets loosened, which can be restored by Doing kegel exercise in daily routine.
After Childbirth sex desires get reduced in women, which occurs due to some hormonal changes in the body that occurs after childbirth. This exercise also plays an important role in boosting sexual desire of women.
2. Increases Sexual Energy
By exercising the kegel, the blood flow in the sexual Organs is increased and the pelvic area muscles get strengthened. Those who feel low on bed must do kegel exercise. This will make them more adventurous and enegetic on bed.
3. Eradicates Early Discharge (Premature Ejaculation )Problem in Men :
According to research, 1 out of 3 men face the problem of early discharge at some time. This occurs due to many reasons like hormonal disbalance, relationship issues, anxiety, etc. you can get rid of premature ejaculation by doing kegel exercise daily.
4. Controls Urinary Incontinence
Kegel Exercises are the best way to control Urinary Incontinence (also know as Involuntary Urination ) Problem. This problem may occurs due to many reasons like overactive bladder , blockage in urethra etc.
Kegel exercise can prevent the Involuntary urination problem in both men and women as it strengthens the pelvic floor muscles that work as a support for the bladder. Sometimes Involuntary urination also occurs after prostate surgery in men, you can do Kegel exercise to get rid of this problem and results can be seen in 3 to 4 weeks.
How Often Kegel Exercises Should be Done?
In the Beginning, You should start 10 to 20 times a day. you can do it at any time and no one will get to know that you are doing kegel until you tell yourself. Once you are comfortable at 20 times a day to try to reach 50 times a day within a month of starting. The more you do, the stronger pelvic muscles become. The best thing about this exercise is that you don’t need any kind of equipment and can be done while watching TV also.
- One should take caution while doing kegel exercise if you feel some kind of a pain in your pelvic area or abdomen after doing kegel exercise, it shows that you are not doing it properly.
- Keep the muscles of the abdomen, and back lose
- Don’t try to do too much in one go, as it may make your pelvic muscles tired.