What is Urinary Incontinence: Urinary Incontinence (also called “Involuntary Urination”) is a disease in which a person Urinates when he doesn’t want to do it i.e A person suffering from it faces Uncontrolled leakage of urine. This disease is mostly found in elderly women, leakage of urine occurs during cough, sneeze, or Laughter or we can say that it occurs when sudden pressure on the pelvic floor occurs. Most women suffering from urinary incontinence problems do not share it with anyone and they suffer from this problem lonely as they feel it as an embarrassing issue.
The problem of Urinary Incontinence (Involuntary Urination) occurs due to a week pelvic floor (Exercise to improve Pelvic Floor) or Infection in Urinary Tract or sometimes it may also occur due to Pregnancy or Menopause.
According to a study, one in every four women above the age of 18 suffers from the problem of involuntary urination. This is a serious problem and one should not take it lightly. Most of the time women start considering this problem as a common part of their life which may lead to other painful UTI diseases in a few years.
Major Causes of Urinary Incontinence Problem.
- Urinary Tract Infection: UTI (urinary tract infection) can cause problems in your bladder, which may lead to a sudden urge for urination even if the bladder is empty.
- Prolonged Constipation: This is one the major and rarely noticed causes, nerves of the rectum are connected to the bladder. Stiff stool during constipation makes the nerves hyperactive and increases the urinary frequency.
- Problem in Prostate: Enlarged prostate (occurs mostly in men) often creates the problem of involuntary urination in men.
- Bad Habits: Smoking cigarettes and Drinking Alcohol also increases the risk of urinary incontinence Problems.
- Pregnancy: During Pregnancy a woman undergoes various hormonal changes, which sometimes may lead to temporary urinary continence issues.
Prevention of Urinary Incontinence
1. kegel Exercise: Kegel Exercise is one of the best ways to improve the health of your pelvic area. As Urinary incontinence occurs due to week pelvic area, Kegel exercise can strengthen pelvic floor muscles and can prevent involuntary urination problems.
2. Avoid Smoking & Drinking : Bad habits are often not considered bad for health .Too much consumption of alcohol and tobacco may lead to various urinary problems.
3. Include Fresh fruits in your diet : Fresh fruits are very beneficial for internal body health. Fresh fruits especially those rich in fiber prevents constipation and other stomach related diseases.